Gilakas’la, he’ma̱n dłiǥa̱mi Shane/Welcome, my name is Shane.

I have always been in the Comox Valley, and I will always be here. My people, the K’ómoks First Nation, have been caretakers of this land since time immemorial. I am happy to be enrolled at North Island College and extend my thanks to the instructors and the indigenous navigators who have so generously helped me tread this path.

I am in the Web Design Fundamentals Certificate program. Completion of this certificate will allow me to explore entry-level remote employment options in the web design/development sector, and continue freelance work as a technician/web designer locally with confidence. Technology has been my passion for more than 15 years, now I want to transform this passion into a gainful and fulfilling career path.

When I further my success after completing this certificate program, I will continue to explore my education by completing a diploma in Web and Mobile Applications, or Advanced Digital Design and Development. 

It is my hope to integrate the artistry and style of my people in the works that I create. Ha̱lakas’la/goodbye, and thank you for reading.